I was the first employee at Mashgin and now run product and operations there. I also run a family office that invests in public/private companies, and publish "Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders", the only book with Warren Buffett's full letters.
The best places to follow me are on Twitter or my personal blog (some posts also on Medium). You can find me in Silicon Valley and Utah.
My primary interests are:
- Using machine learning to automate the things life's too short for — particularly visual bottlenecks.
- Researching and investing in good businesses of all sizes.
- Generative neural networks: text, art, video.
- Great storytelling of all kinds, especially movies. (And how tech can be used to tell more engaging and impactful stories.)
- Using tokenized securities for programmatic ownership.
- Tools that allow for 10x improvement of design or data visualization.
- Modernizing the tech and practice of architecture/construction/urban design.
- Large-scale environmental restoration (terraforming).
- Expanding and using my core mental models whenever possible.
Questions I'm interested in:
- How do you best measure productivity and prosperity over long periods?
- Is it possible to combine the best aspects of both urban and suburban living?
- Related: How can evolution and traditional wisdom be combined with modern tech to improve living conditions?
- Can large scale construction projects be sped up an order of magnitude without sacrificing safety or reliability?
- What would ubiquitous worldwide sensors and monitoring allow for? How quickly/cheaply can this be accomplished? What are the downsides?
- Are there high-leverage lessons that can be taught in early education (pre 9th grade) to best improve student's future outcomes?
- Is it possible to create both anti- and probiotics that are targeted to: condition, localized area, or desired outcome? (With the intention of improving microbiomes and eliminating the need for broad-spectrum antibiotics.)
Past projects and adventures: